1. Town Hall 2018: The old Ripples Committee introduced the new 2018-2019
committee and went over the upcoming projects for the year.
2. Gardening Projects
The three gardening days were held during the summer, and the volunteers helped
maintain the garden by pulling weeds and adding new plants.
3. Gurdwara Cleanup: Volunteers helped the Sikh Society of Northeast FL beautify
their gurdwara. This project means much more than just helping clean up the
Gurudwara, rather it shows how Ripples collaborated without organizations to spread
the ripple effect and represent HSNEF.
4. BEAM Gardening Project: Volunteers had the opportunity to plant seeds, harvest
food grown in the garden, and ultimately help those in need.
5. Raas For a Cause: This was the first time Ripples volunteered at Raas for a
Cause, but all of our volunteers had an amazing time helping out. Raas for a Cause is a
nonprofit event, where all the money is sent to India to help kids battling cancer. We
would like to thank all the volunteers who came out and contributed to this great cause!
6. HSNEF Carnival 2018: This event was held on November 17th. We started of the
day with a havan and the team did an amazing at the food stalls, conducting the game
booths, and coordinating the talent show. Overall, they raised over $1,600 for the
temple. Thank you to all the volunteers who allowed this event to be an amazing success!
7. Annual Temple Gala: We are proud to announce the Annual temple gala was a
huge success! Thank you to all the volunteers who came and helped out!
8. Gate River Run: Ripples once again volunteered at the yearly Gate River Run. We passed out water to runners and were even interviewed by a local news station!
- Anand Bazaar Car Wash (April 29th 2018) : This event occurred on April 29th 2017, at the HSNEF temple. We washed a lot of cars and sold many concessions which allowed us to beat all previous records by raising $1250!!! Thank you to all the volunteers who volunteered and made this event an astounding success.
- Community Health Fair 2017 : This is an annual event where doctors come and treat all who come to the temple as well as answer any medical questions that they might have. We would like to thank all the volunteers that showed up as well as all the doctors who came and were willing to take the time to make our community healthy and happy.
- Town Hall 2017 : This was the first event run by the new 2017-1018 ripples team. This event was a way to see the upcoming projects a well as get to know the new team. We would like to thank all the volunteers and parents who came and joined us on this annual event.
- Ripples Garden 2017 : This was our first official garden cleanup event, since the creation of our Ripples Garden. Our volunteers came out and helped us maintain our garden by pulling weeds, trimming, and planting new plants.
- Daniel Kids 2017 : In this project, we teamed up with Daniel Kids. Daniel Kids is an organization which provides services and support to help improve the lives of children and their families. Our volunteers came out and had a sports day with the children.
- Children’s Day Carnival 2017: This was one of Ripples biggest annual events. Our volunteers helped make this event a success by helping with face painting, bounce houses, food, games and more. Together we raised more than $2,200!
Before Ripples was even formed, the to-be Ripples members did a car wash project at Anand Bazaar 2015. This was a good experience for the leads and helped us plan the car wash in September to raise funds for Akshaya Patra which turned out to be a big success. Check out the archives above for more 2015 projects.